6 - Village Wrench (Sullivan 10a-12p, WGVL 11a-1p, Woodside 12-2p)
8 - Ladies Dinner Hangout / Prayer - (6:30p, Cain's)
9 - GVL News Community Forum (7pm)
10 - Meeting with Woodside Baptist about space (please pray)
18 - Leadership Council Mtg (6:30p, Cain's)
26 - Men's Holy Grill (6:30p, Cain's)
Summer is here!
Now that summer has arrived, Village Church is pouring our energy into our neighborhoods, fellowship, worship and the ongoing search for the best space. We are going to be intentionally restful and relational, gearing up for an important Fall in the life of our church. As summer is a time of travel and recreation, we want to deepen our faith while making room for the family fun and restfulness that summer provides. That being said, we will continue to serve our community through Village Wrench, meet in men's and women's circles, and worship on Sundays at 10. We want to sprinkle in a few other fun gatherings, but also attend various community events that help us be even better, more informed neighbors on the West side. Our Leadership Council will continue to meet and prayerfully address our faithfulness to the vision and next steps.
This Fall looks to be a pivotal time for our development, with the following goals:
- Identify and begin worshipping in a "non-mobile" setting with dedicated space for kids and other opportunities.
- Anglican Morning Prayer at Furman partnering with the Mere Christianity Forum.
- Add children's ministry (ages 4-9) to Sunday AM.
- Our first baptismal service in September.
- Bike (L)earning added to the Woodside Village Wrench effort.
Please continue to pray for these aspects of our faith community and its growth!
Grace & peace,