Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed.
Here's the upcoming schedule for Holy Week observance & gatherings. We hope you can be with us!
- Maundy Thursday - I will be sending out a devotional reading to highlight the history and meaning of Maundy Thursday and to encourage us all toward hearts of servanthood, following the pattern of our Lord, who washed his disciples feet and then served all humanity "to the point of death, even death on a cross."
- Good Friday Vigil - 6-7pm - All are invited to the Cain home (9 Charles St. Greenville, 29611) for prayer and communion between 6 and 7pm. This will be a time to come to the Lord's table and to pray for one another, with some Good Friday readings and prayers throughout. Feel free to drop in after work and stay as long as you like.
- Saturday - West GVL Village Wrench - 11am - 1pm - Get all the details here.
- Resurrection Sunday Brunch - 9am - More info here.
- Resurrection Sunday Worship - 10am - Legacy Charter Elementary
I pray you and your family have a blessed Holy Week and we look forward to celebrating our suffering Servant and triumphant Lord - with you...
Grace & peace,